Code of Conduct
Everyone participating in the Biohack.me community— including, but not limited to the Biohack.me forums, Slack channel, and events like Grindfest— is required to agree to the following Code of Conduct.
We are dedicated to providing a respectful, open, harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of community members in any form.
Anyone who violates this Code of Conduct may be sanctioned or banned from these spaces at the discretion of the community organizers and moderators.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, employment, and body modification
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity, activities, or modifications without their consent except as necessary to protect others
- Collection or redistribution of non-harassing communication or photos without the explicit consent of the involved parties
Biohack.me prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. We reserve the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing dangerous, racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If anyone engages in harassing behavior, Biohack.me organizers may take any action we deem appropriate, up to and including banning them from all Biohack.me spaces and identifying them as a harasser to other grinder community members or the general public.
Reporting and Enforcement
If you are being harassed by a member of the Biohack.me community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact us immediately via email at [email protected].
This policy is itself available on the Biohack.me github, where you should feel free to submit bug reports or pull requests.